Some people ask me, “Do your chickens die of old age?” And I reply, “No, they die of egg laying complications in their youth or prime of their lives.” Some reproductive disease will eventually get them. You don’t breed birds to unnaturally lay 250 to 300 eggs a year without consequences to their health and lifespan. In Sweet Pea’s case, egg yolk peritonitis got her after a two-year battle and a lot of costly medical care that could no longer help her. (x)
Please share and educate others about the inherent cruelty of eating chicken eggs, including those laid by backyard chickens. The cruelty I am referring to here is in their breeding and cannot be avoided, regardless of how well they are cared for.
my thing is that yeah big chicken farms aren’t a great idea…but a few backyard chickens don’t have to lay near as much as farm chickens…so saying not to eat eggs from a chicken that’s from back yard is stupid.
I don’t think you read the post fully. Chickens are laying an unnatural and unhealthy number of eggs regardless of if they are on a big farm or in a backyard because humans have bred them to. Hens in backyards are just as prone to this type of terrible disease as hens on farms.
My lovely friends and I did a thing.
ok lemme tell you a thing about raccoons
I adore that all these raccoons are like “I respect that you don’t want me to take this, but I’m taking this.”
- atahu - charisma
- tūroro; haumate - a person dying of illness
- aria; ahua - physical form of a god in this world
- te Ao-Tū-roa - A.K.A Te Ao Marama. Our reality.
- mauri ora, mauri mate - life force and death force
- wairua, tuku wairua, hau - the soul
- kotahitanga - unity
- hinengaro, ngakau; manawa, ate - the heart viewed as the seat of emotion.
- tamataane-tamawahine - gender
- whakahoro;hauhau;aitu - death by violence
- mana - esteem; power
- ira, tupu - the human essence
- te pō - death
- te whare o Aitua, mate taurekareka, mate kuare - death by accident
- whaiwhaiā - magic that causes harm
- mākutu - curses; black magic
Pawel Kuczynski’s satirical art. Take a moment to look at these properly.
The chains and cat one really got me.
This is unexpectedly not about make-up haha
reblogged before it was even finished.
the advice on eyeliner though that’s gold